Sunday, April 02, 2006

Still Hate the Guy...

....but this is the response I recieved from the governator's office after sending his office an email urging him to not follow in the footsteps of South Dakota's governor (as part of NARAL's national campaign), which is sorta comforting:

"Thank you for your email regarding a woman's right to choose. I appreciate hearing your concerns on this important issue impacting so many Californians.

I have repeatedly stated that I strongly believe in a woman's right to choose and am pleased that we no longer have to witness the devastating effects unsafe abortions had on so many women prior to the United States Supreme Court decision in Roe vs. Wade.

The decision to end a pregnancy is not one which a woman enters into lightly. One of the most vital roles we can play is that of friend and supporter to a woman who is in the position of having to decide whether or not to end her pregnancy.

While I am a strong advocate for choice, I am heartened by the national trend showing a decrease in unwanted pregnancies and pregnancies ending in abortion over the past decade. I believe through continued access to education, safe and reliable contraception, and family support we can ensure this trend continues.

Again, thank you for writing to share your position on a woman's right to choose and for your concern about the future of all Californians.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger


I try to find ways that I actually agree with people like Arnold where I can get 'em, and this is really an important way that I agree with him (and that he actually distances himself from the current leaders of his party).

Filed under:Politics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home